Session at 2013 Author Conference
May 2013 - Darcy Scott author of Matinicus has awarded a Bronze Prize in the 2013 IPPY Book Awards, a broad-based, unaffiliated awards program designed to honor the year's best independently published titles. Matinicus also received first place in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards in the mystery category.
May 2013 - Tom Dowd - Author of From Fear to Success Honorable Mention at the Paris Book Festival in the "How To" Category
December 20, 2012—The New England Book Festival winners have been announced! Congratulations to all of our authors who placed!
ISLAND FRIENDS by Jeff Bowman and Jennifer York won Runner-up in Children's books!
These books and authors received Honorable Mentions:
MATINICUS by Darcy Scott
SUMMER OF A DISCO KING and GLIMPSES by Jane Harvey Meade
THE BOX OF DAUGHTER by Katherine Mayfield
TWO MEN TEN SUNS by Jeff Foltz Author
HEART HOUND STORIES by Cheryl Lampshire
NETS THROUGH TIME by Jacqueline Davidson
JOURNEY BEYOND GOD by Peter Tufts Richardson
BEOWULF OF MAINE by Kathleen Earle Fox
REACHING FOR QUIET by Roland Labrie
TAPESTRY: STRANDS OF YELLOW AND BLUE by Cady Elizabeth Arnold
THE TRANSFORMATION OF A DOUBTING THOMAS by Thomas B. Dowd, III
- Click here to view the interview on Self-Publishing with Jennifer Rooks of Maine and Jane Karker of Maine Authors Publishing that aired on March 17-18, 2011.
- Maine Authors Publishing helps self-published and independent authors get their books published and in the hands of their readers.
- This is done affordably, even for first-time authors, by taking advantage of new technology that has made small print runs less expensive and by offering authors a variety of cooperative style marketing opportunities and a la carte services to fit each author’s individual needs and budget. Authors are offered inclusion in our cooperative-style color trade catalog, bookstore invoicing, fulfillment and cooperative sales.
- No matter what online “publishers” will promise you, we have learned that marketing books is very “hands-on” and requires hard work, author support and long term relationships with bookstores and niche markets.
- Maine Authors Publishing, unlike any other company, is truly for self-publishing authors only, letting authors set their own pricing and receive 100% of the royalties from their book sales.
- Maine Authors Publishing offers a full range of services for self-published and independent authors, including editing, proofreading, copyright/ISBN/LOC registration, design, Indesign consulting, printing, personal marketing plans, website design/hosting, publicity events, social media/internet marketing and distribution both nationally and in Maine.
- For authors serious about promoting their work, The Maine Authors Cooperative is a cooperative-style marketing program for self-publishers. This is an ongoing, interactive support program, free to qualified authors who have chosen to participate in our cooperative plan.
“Maine Authors Publishing is a great cooperative effort to get our books into the hands of readers. Authors work together to promote their books, with the guidance of Jane Karker, who knows the book business well. The design services of David Allen are smooth and thoughtful; he's never too busy to do yet another editing run-through of a work in progress. MAP makes being a writer a less lonely métier.”
—Linda Tatelbaum, author, Carrying Water, Writer on the Rocks, Woman Who Speaks Tree and Yes &No